Beer Exchange

If it isn't mountain bike related it goes here. Follow board rules for allowed material

Beer Exchange

Postby diggingtrail » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:01 pm

I like good beer. :mrgreen: I'm sure that there are others on here that like good beer too. But buying multiple cases of good beer so as to have a nice variety is quite expensive. So I was wondering if a few of you would like to start a beer exchange. If your interested let me know.
diggingtrail

Re: Beer Exchange

Postby rmichels » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:21 pm

I might be interested..I was sampling this $120 a case Beligian import a few weeks ago, lol. I'm not a huge beer drinker but do like a variety..just nothing heavy/dark. Some of the pricier brands (not the $120) are good, but no way I will purchase a case.

Ray
rmichels

Postby diggingtrail » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:12 pm

rmichels wrote: was sampling this $120 a case Beligian import a few weeks ago, lol...Some of the pricier brands (not the $120) are good, but no way I will purchase a case.

This right here is why I posted this topic. I bought a case of Ommegang tonight at $51. It's a Belgian Abbey Double imitation made in NY. It's good stuff. I like the real Belgians such as Chimay, Orval, Rochefort, etc but at $100 a case, ouch! There's also a bunch of American Micros that are $50+ that I like or want to try. If 6 of us went in together and bought a case each and traded we'd still be out the cash but would have a much greater selection, and it would be cheaper than going to Quick6 or Thirsty's and buying a 4 pack of each beer. If even more joined in great. I know there are some homebrewers in the club too which would be welcome to exchange.
diggingtrail

Postby DMB » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:16 am

Mmmm beeeer! It's one of the 5 food groups, right? Meat, Pizza, beer, hot wings and beer!

I'm in. Homebrew sampling sessions can be arranged also - it's in kegs so there'll be no exchanging!

DanB
DMB

Postby wrench347 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:03 pm

Kevin that's a great idea, let me talk to my sweetheart as we may be "in". Her tastes are broader than mine but we both like having multiple choices when we open the fridge
I'm a county parks trail user and I vote!
wrench347

Postby diggingtrail » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:34 pm

wrench347 wrote:Kevin that's a great idea, let me talk to my sweetheart as we may be "in". Her tastes are broader than mine but we both like having multiple choices when we open the fridge

Tony, are you two in for this?

Anybody else, could use a few more to make it an even 6-pack at each exchange. The more the merrier though.

Some ideas I had would be to get together at a BYOB restaurant once a month or every other month. Each month would have a theme, a set price limit, or both, so that somebody doesn't buy a $120 case and somebody else a $17 case. So we could one month do beer that is at $30-40 a case, then the next the only limit might be that it has to be German, then American Micro @ between $25-50, etc, etc.
diggingtrail

Postby wrench347 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:23 am

yeah, we're down with that.
tony
I'm a county parks trail user and I vote!
wrench347

Postby diggingtrail » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:21 pm

121 members and only 5 are interested in trying new beers?

So when do we want to meet and where? Mama's pizza or whatever it's called is a nice place and probably centrally located for most. Let's pick a style, or price range, or both and the schedule a meet.
diggingtrail

Return to Off Topic