Go Pro Hero HD Review

If it isn't mountain bike related it goes here. Follow board rules for allowed material

Re: Go Pro Hero HD Review

Postby diggingtrail » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:41 am

Glancing Aft wrote:What video settings did you have the camera set at when you recorded that video? I haven't used it yet MTBing yet but the quality is a bit lower than I was hoping for :( As you mentioned it might just be a vibration thing...

I used r4. 1280x960p. I converted the raw file into Apple Intermediate Codec (easier to edit) w/ mpeg Streamclip @ 100%. Imported that file into iMovie. Exported using export using quicktime as a h.264 file @ 1024x720p keep aspect ration, fit to size, at a bitrate of 15000kbits. That gives a final video size of 960x720 @ just over 300MB. Uploaded to Vimeo and let them do their thing. Try using these settings. The resulting HD video file is pretty nice. You can download it from vimeo or watch the HD on vimeo.

Shake does kill the picture. All stabilizers zoom to keep the picture still. This drops the resolution, which is why I used 960p. I could crop down to 720p wide screen but that wouldn't leave much trail in the picture using the chest mount. I think the square video looks better for biking, although not very cinematic.

Glancing Aft wrote:and speaking of editing when I was in Utah last week I recorded 31GB of movies... I don't even want to think how long it's going to take me to get through it all.

iMovie has a favorites button so you can mark all your favorite clips. Then you can chose to hide your unmarked unfavorites and work from there. You can keep whittling away until you get down to what you want use. Still the 31GB of video is a lot to work w/. Yikes. :shock:
diggingtrail

Postby Glancing Aft » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:06 pm

some of the best footage I've seen yet shot with a gopro on bikes,
http://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/member/Post-Office-Jump-Jam-2010-by-GoPro,2230/bturman,109
Glancing Aft

Postby Glancing Aft » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:03 pm

It looks like contour has added a GPS to their helmet camera. Kind of cool, but I think the novelty would wear off quickly,
http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/13/contour-announces-1080p-contourgps-helmetcam-lets-friends-locat/#comments
Glancing Aft

Previous

Return to Off Topic