Trailwork - Saturday, Aug 24 at the Lakes

Posts to this topic should be limited to discussion related to trailwork, including ideas for maintaining existing trails or creating new ones

Postby danwalko » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:19 am

We will be working next at the Lakes on Saturday, August 24th. Meet at 1pm at the gravel parking lot on George Street across from the Lake Redman dam. We will drive one or two vehicles up trail 1 to the trail 7 entrance. We will work to clear debris from the tunnel exit and then do some trimming on Trail 7. We really need some assistance for this project so please join us if you can!!
danwalko

Re: Trailwork - Saturday, Aug 24 at the Lakes

Postby bloomy63 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:10 pm

I'm going to try and make it to this trailwork. Would it be helpful if I bring my weed wacker with me?
bloomy63

Postby danwalko » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:51 pm

Hey Jason. Good to hear from you. Sure, bring it along!
danwalko

Postby mtmajor » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:57 pm

I know what you all have been saying "man these trails are getting overgrown someone should do something about it"!

Well now is your opportunity, and to help us out we have just added another Stihl club trimmer to our arsenal. :mrgreen:
We should be able to at least double our trimming capacity but we need your help.

We should have both club trimmers ready to rock tomorrow plus I will bring a string trimmer along with me as well.

Without our help many of these trails would become impassable so please come out if you can make it and show some love to the trails we all love so much.

It's a dirty job but someone has to do it!! :P

Mike M.
mtmajor

Postby mtmajor » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:19 pm

We may have been small in number but we were mighty in strength.
I would say we were able to trim at least 85% of trail 7 including the entire 7b loop.

We were also able to clean some debri from the stream at the tunnel exit to allow better flow.

A big thanks to today's workers,
Josh Bean
Markus Houser
Jason Bloomfield
And first timers, David Stubanans and John Chronister.
They are both trail runners who came out to show us some support.

I was also told that someone showed up on a mtb carrying a trimmer and lended a hand but I did not run into them, so thank you whom ever you were.

Now get on your bikes and ride! :D

Mike M.
mtmajor

Postby Mark » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:23 am

One of the guys that rode back to the parking lot in my Jeep left there gloves in the back seat. I'll keep them in there.
Carpe cerevisiam.
Mark

Return to Trailwork