Caution on Bootleg

Posts to this topic should be limited to discussion related to trailwork, including ideas for maintaining existing trails or creating new ones

Caution on Bootleg

Postby finsout » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:37 am

Please be aware that we are working to remove the black 'grease' on the S-Turns section of Bootleg over the next several weeks. The trail will not be blocked or anything like that but it may be chewed up.
I'm a county parks trail user and I vote!
finsout

Re: Caution on Bootleg

Postby diggingtrail » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:09 am

Thanks for the work Fins. Thats the only section of the trail that I'm not really happy with. It serves a purpose, but it just doesn't really work the way I think we all wanted it too. Maybe we can revisit it in a year or two to rework that little area.

How did the rest of the trail hold up over the winter?
diggingtrail

Postby finsout » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:48 pm

it held up very well. none of the major features needed any work and we only needed a few buckets of dirt and a few approaches or areas that were loam that have since been worn down to produce a binding point.

I think s-turns is getting better as people find their line. Once the grease is gone it should be better and the only issue really is the entry since you scrub so much speed coming of the straight line trail from Charlie Browns. That may also improve once the loam is worn off and the mineral soil should have better grip at speed.

A few things:

I've collected all the flags and place them at the bench at the top and another pile at the entrance to s-turns.

I've looked a the lower part and really only see 3 ares that need work. the big fall away turn, the big rock after the washout crossing and a turn right before Escalade that probably needs a berm. The big rock is the unknown since that line is awesome and fast but the rock gets in the way.
finsout

Postby finsout » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:42 am

this work is completed and this section rides much better now.
finsout

Return to Trailwork