Trailwork Sun October 28th at Rocky Ridge 1:30PM

Posts to this topic should be limited to discussion related to trailwork, including ideas for maintaining existing trails or creating new ones

Trailwork Sun October 28th at Rocky Ridge 1:30PM

Postby diggingtrail » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:01 pm

Trailwork this Sunday at Rocky Ridge. We are working on rerouting portions of trail 9A, which runs from Sues trail down to Bipolar. This trail is currently unsustainable, so a reroute is necessary, but it also allows us to add features. The first sections of the reroute have been flagged and now need to be built. There is a lot of bench cutting so we could really use a good turnout.

What: Trailwork on trail 9A
Where: Rocky Ridge
When: Sun Oct 28 at 130p
Meet: In the rear gravel parking lot under the power lines

Bring gloves, water, and sturdy shoes plus a desire to get dirty! YAMBA has a fresh complement of Clif Bars thanks to Clif and IMBA, as well as all of the necessary tools.
diggingtrail

Re: Trailwork Sun October 28th at Rocky Ridge 1:30PM

Postby wizzer » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:15 pm

I'd love to come out but we are taking my daughter to lake Tobias. I'll see what time we get back, otherwise Fins and I will get out for some more ad hoc work another day.
wizzer

Postby Glancing Aft » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:48 am

Sorry, I'd love to help out at some trail work sessions this fall, but I'll be volunteering at the Star Rock Race then.
Glancing Aft

Postby finsout » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:59 am

will, alot of this trail will be ad hoc work especially for the jumps and berms.
I'm a county parks trail user and I vote!
finsout

Postby diggingtrail » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:50 am

Well folks, there's this little storm called Sandy heading our way. The rain has already started and the winds are picking up already. Things are forecasted to get worse as the day progresses.

So, in consideration for the safety and well being of all, trail work is CANCELLED
diggingtrail

Return to Trailwork