Trailwork Sat Aug 25th at Rocky Ridge 9:30AM

Posts to this topic should be limited to discussion related to trailwork, including ideas for maintaining existing trails or creating new ones

Trailwork Sat Aug 25th at Rocky Ridge 9:30AM

Postby diggingtrail » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:57 am

Trailwork this Saturday. We are going to "ease" back into trailwork this weekend by working on the section of Trail 4 that had everybody upset a few months ago. We will try to make the trail safer as well as create proper drainage. Other drainage projects on nearby sections of trail are on the menu as well if there is time.

Where: Rocky Ridge
Meet: Front gravel parking lot
Time: 9:30 AM
diggingtrail

Re: Trailwork Sat Aug 25th at Rocky Ridge 9:30AM

Postby finsout » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:34 am

Kevin

I already have a commitment on saturday but i can do some ad hoc cutting work on RC next week to make up for it.

BTW--you should come to Launch with me on Sunday. I think you would love it up there.
I'm a county parks trail user and I vote!
finsout

Postby kraft » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:20 am

It was good to be back to doing some trailwork. Mainly the same old faces. One new kid named wally. Hope we didn't scare him off.
Do the thing that is hard to do and the power will come.
kraft

Postby wrench347 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:20 am

You're right, it was good to get back out and move some dirt. And for the record (Kevin) I did get a little ride in after trailwork. Pinch-flats to both tires and only 1 tube! As of Saturday night its now ghetto tubeless for me.
I'm a county parks trail user and I vote!
wrench347

Postby ScottyB » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:31 pm

Phone was ringing allllll weekend. Hopefully next time there's trail maint. I won't be on call.

Thanks for the work guys.
ScottyB

Postby diggingtrail » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:21 pm

Thanks,

Tony Marano, Jim Kraft, Dick Mansberger, Jason Bloomfield, and "newbie" Ryan Martin (sorry I didn't get to work with you more, hopefully Jim didn't scare you to much) (just joking Jim).
It was a small crew but they dug hard and moved many times their weight in rocks around. We fixed up the two worst cuts on trail 4 right after Rusty Chair by smoothing out the ditches and rerouting and regrading the actual drainage area so that the cuts will move water off the trail as intended. We also did some water management work on trail 6 right off of trail 4 by taking into account the natural directional flow of the water and moving it off trail at two key locations using a combinations of rock and dirt dikes and drainage cuts. Hopefully these will slow the rapid erosion that has taken hold on this section of trail over the last few years.

The next trailwork is Saturday September 8th. One the project that I have planned is approved, as well as others, I will post up more details.
diggingtrail

Return to Trailwork