Tree down on trail 8 at the Ridge

Posts to this topic should be limited to discussion related to trailwork, including ideas for maintaining existing trails or creating new ones

Tree down on trail 8 at the Ridge

Postby Glancing Aft » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:54 pm

Good sized tree down on trail 8. Coming down from Sue's trail it's about 2/3rd of the way down, about halfway between the unmarked trail that drops to the left and bipolar. Tree is only about 1 foot in diameter but is elevated in the air by another 1.5' and is right in the blind spot of a sharp left hand turn...
Nearly ate shit on it tonight, pinning it for the Strava segment on that trail ;)
Glancing Aft

Re: Tree down on trail 8 at the Ridge

Postby finsout » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:10 am

is the tree still there?
I'm a county parks trail user and I vote!

Postby danwalko » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:48 pm

The tree on Trail 8 is still there... Heading down the switchback part of Trail 8 from Sue's trail - it is about 3/4 of the way down.

There is also a tree hanging on the downhill section of Trail 9 -- From Sue's trail, hang a left near where it intersects with the bench, the tree is near the bottom of the hill. It is passable but looks like it could fall at any time.

There is also a tree down on Trail 7 -- all the way at the bottom on the straight section of trail.

Is anyone with a saw available to remove these?

Postby diggingtrail » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:25 pm

I'm off and available Wed-Fri daytime and also on the weekend most likely (time available unknown currently). I will need somebody to come along though as a helper/spotter.

Return to Trailwork