Trailwork Sat December 10th at Rocky Ridge 9:30AM

Posts to this topic should be limited to discussion related to trailwork, including ideas for maintaining existing trails or creating new ones

Trailwork Sat December 10th at Rocky Ridge 9:30AM

Postby diggingtrail » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:22 pm

This is the last trailwork session of the year! If you haven't been able to make it to a trailwork yet this year please come help.

What: Work on "Bipolar" the reroute of trail 3 at Rocky Ridge
Where: Rocky Ridge County Park
Meet: 930A in the rear parking lot under the power lines

If enough volunteers show up we will be able to open up this new trail! Trails don't build themselves folks. You know you will ride this trail when it is open so why not help build it. It's a great feeling when riding down a trail to pass a section that you worked on and say 'I built that'.

Note, there was an error on the homepage concerning the start time that I didn't notice for awhile. It has now been fixed. The correct time is 930AM.
diggingtrail

Re: Trailwork Sat December 10th at Rocky Ridge 9:30AM

Postby finsout » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:05 am

I should be there unless seven springs opens.
I'm a county parks trail user and I vote!
finsout

Postby diggingtrail » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:05 pm

Finally got a chance to video the trail. This was only my second time down it, and I cleaned it, although it wasn't pretty. I even cleaned it uphill! But I forgot to turn the camera back on so I doubt many of you will believe me. :oops: Just know that that rock garden at the two trees IS doable uphill.

Stay tuned for a post on when we will finish the short section at the bottom off and then polish off some of the upper stuff. I am happy with how the trail is bedding in, but there are some features that need to be finished correctly and other touch up work as well. Thanks for all that helped build this so far.

diggingtrail

Postby ScottyB » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:56 pm

Nice video, interesting music.
ScottyB

Return to Trailwork