Trailwork - Saturday, Sept 10, 9:30am

Posts to this topic should be limited to discussion related to trailwork, including ideas for maintaining existing trails or creating new ones

Postby danwalko » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:25 pm

We need to do some more maintenance on the Dark Side in prep for our race. Need to remove some fallen trees, do more trimming, and clean out the rocks and debris at the end of the tunnel...the water is over 18" deep! Please come out and assist in getting ready for the Dark Side race.
danwalko

Re: Trailwork - Saturday, Sept 10, 9:30am

Postby kraft » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:30 pm

So will we be swimming through the tunnel to get to the dark side?
Do the thing that is hard to do and the power will come.
kraft

Postby diggingtrail » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:40 pm

Not sure, but I have a good size swimming pool in my basement right now if you want to swim.
diggingtrail

Postby danwalko » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:15 pm

Oh crap! In the new house? We will definitely not be able to drive up to the trail head. Will wait to see what happens. We may have to postpone.
danwalko

Postby mtmajor » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:33 pm

Take a look at the spillway on water street a few minutes ago.
lake williams spillway.JPG

Lakes are very full and lots of flooding.
mtmajor

Postby diggingtrail » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:37 pm

danwalko wrote:Oh crap! In the new house? We will definitely not be able to drive up to the trail head. Will wait to see what happens. We may have to postpone.

No, at the "old" one. About 12+ inches. Came up through the floor drain. City storm system was overtaxed. Went down to the creek at Philly St around 230ish and the creek was up over the storm outlets, so the water has to go somewhere. Our basements. I have a pump running now. It's dropping the water about an inch every 15-20 min, so it shouldn't be to long till I get it all out.. But then the house next door will drain into mine and I'll have to run the pump again. The new house only had a trickle at 3p, due to bad grading.

Now back on topic. Yeah there is no way we will be able to drive up to 7. The tunnel should be drained but everything else will still be wet. If I get a chance I will hike up on friday during the day to see how wet the trails are. We probably won't even be able to do trail repair the ground will be so wet. IF, I think the trail can handle us walking on it, we may be able to still clean out the tunnel at least. Still may be best to postpone a week though.
diggingtrail

Postby kraft » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:20 pm

I will be spending my time this weekend helping family bail out from the flood. I won't be there for trail work.
Do the thing that is hard to do and the power will come.
kraft

Postby diggingtrail » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:36 pm

Trailwork this Saturday is postponed/cancelled. A make up date once decided upon will be posted. The Lakes area is still flooded w/ multiple roads closed, the trails are saturated, and I'm sure many of us have water in basements etc. to deal with.
diggingtrail

Return to Trailwork