Trailwork, Sunday, August 21

Posts to this topic should be limited to discussion related to trailwork, including ideas for maintaining existing trails or creating new ones

Trailwork, Sunday, August 21

Postby danwalko » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:30 am

Hey everyone...

We will be working on the Dark Side again doing some more trimming and prep work for Revenge. We will meet at the Lake Redman dam parking lot on George Street at 1:30pm.

See everyone there. Scott....it you are coming, please bring the chainsaw to remove the downed tree. I have the bee spray.

Thanks, Dan
danwalko

Re: Trailwork, Sunday, August 21

Postby kraft » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:03 am

I am going to be at the george st. parking area around 11 today instead of 130 due to the forecast of severe weather. I wish I could get the gate unlocked so I wouldn't have to ride my bike with machete and loppers in tow the whole way back to the dark side. I stongly disagree with canceling trailwork (if you do) due to the fact that this needs to get done and most likely it will only be 3 or 4 us doing it anyway. I am sure the other 250 people that ride the lakes throughout the year are busy helping earthquake victims and welcoming the homeless into their homes today. So I wouldn't expect them to show up and help.
Do the thing that is hard to do and the power will come.
kraft

Postby ls1der » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:29 am

I can't do 11. Still drinking my coffee :oops: I can do 12. Maybe it would be okay to remove the fence rails again ?? If we can do that I can drive up again and bring my trimmer and the saw, etc.
Scott Ramsay
ls1der

Postby danwalko » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:33 am

I will try to be there early also but...then we are going to have to head back out at 1:30pm to meet everyone else. Kevin has the oil for the trimmer and I am out of fuel so no matter what....I need to see Kevin.

Maybe we can just walk trail 1 starting at the bottom and trim/repair anything needing done. That keeps us closer to the cars in case it storms and makes it easier to meet others that might not see these notes and show up at 1:30pm.
danwalko

Postby danwalko » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:59 am

OK....due to the storms...we are going to meet at 12 noon at the dam parking lot. We will head up trail 1 and over to the Dark Side to try to get something done before it storms.

Hope to see some of you there.
danwalko

Postby danwalko » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:23 pm

Thanks to Jim Kraft and Scott Ramsay for assisting me today in the rain in getting the trimming and tree removal done on the tunnel side of Trail 7. The trail is now completely trimmed and the tree is off the trail. Watch out for the yellow jackets that are still there. We killed some of them but found more nests in the ground near the fallen tree and ran out of spray. Will get out there in a few weeks to finish it off.

Sorry if the time change messed anyone up! Next work session is Sat, Sept 10.
danwalko

Return to Trailwork