Trailwork Sat July 2nd - The Lakes - 9:30A

Posts to this topic should be limited to discussion related to trailwork, including ideas for maintaining existing trails or creating new ones

Trailwork Sat July 2nd - The Lakes - 9:30A

Postby diggingtrail » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:18 pm

Trailwork this Saturday at The Lakes. We will work on the sections of trail 5 near the fishing area at Log Rd. These sections of trail have become overgrown and have drainage issues. We will take care of both of these problems. Extra trimmers and loppers are appreciated if you have them. I will bring the YAMBA trimmer, but may not be able to gain access to the lopers.

What: Maintenance on two sections of trail 5 at The Lakes
Meet: Ironstone Hill Rd. Parking lot at Lake Redman
When: Sat. July 2nd at 9:30

Bring gloves, water, and wear sturdy shoes. YAMBA will provide tools and Clif Bars donated by IMBA and Clif.
diggingtrail

Re: Trailwork Sat July 2nd - The Lakes - 9:30A

Postby diggingtrail » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:58 pm

If somebody could bring a wheelbarrow or some buckets it would be greatly appreciated. There is 2 tons of stones waiting for us at the Log Rd. Parking lot. :lol: Seriously! :o

The stone will be used to fill in the wet spots after we fix the drainage issues. Also a heavy duty staple gun would come in handy to possibly install some chicken wire on one of the bridges. Hope to see you in the morning.
diggingtrail

Postby crsmithpe » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:08 am

I have to work on something else early this morning, but the wheelbarrow and I will try to make it if I get done in time.
Charles Smith
crsmithpe

Postby finsout » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:11 pm

Tin B, Scotty and I worked for three and a half hours att RR today. Cut back the short trail at the beginning of Sues and the powerline end of RC. Also, did a large amount of work on the creek part of BA filling in some wet areas.
I'm a county parks trail user and I vote!
finsout

Postby diggingtrail » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:06 pm

finsout wrote:Tin B, Scotty and I worked for three and a half hours att RR today. Cut back the short trail at the beginning of Sues and the powerline end of RC. Also, did a large amount of work on the creek part of BA filling in some wet areas.

Thanks guys! I'll put your hours in.
diggingtrail

Postby diggingtrail » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:11 pm

Only had a few others join me at The Lakes yesterday. I'd love to say that even though there was only a few of us that we got a lot accomplished but that would be lying. We did get the worst of the issues resolved though. About 3/4 of the one section of trail 5 got trimmed back, and the two big wet spots were filled in with dirt and stone. I hope to see more out at the next trailwork in a few weeks. We will be working on the other side of the road on trail 5 again. Maintenance isn't nearly as sexy as building new singletrack but somebody has to do it.

Thanks to Markus Houser, Mike, Terri, and Hannah Major, and Charles Smith for helping out yesterday.
diggingtrail

Return to Trailwork