Trailwork Sun April 17th at Rocky Ridge 1:30PM

Posts to this topic should be limited to discussion related to trailwork, including ideas for maintaining existing trails or creating new ones

Trailwork Sun April 17th at Rocky Ridge 1:30PM

Postby diggingtrail » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:26 am

Trailwork this Sunday at Rocky Ridge. We will be working on Rusty Chair, adding dirt to the berms and fixing/adding/cleaning out drainage areas. Rusty Chair has bed in well over the winter and has held up pretty good to all the traffic it sees. However there are some minor issues that need to be addressed before they become worse. Come out and help make Rusty Chair even better!

What: Trailwork at Rocky Ridge. Maintenance day on Rusty Chair.
Time: Sunday April 17th at 1:30p
Meet: Meet up in the back gravel lot in the far corner by the trees.
Bring: Water, work gloves, and sturdy shoes. YAMBA will supply the tools and Clif Bars.
diggingtrail

Re: Trailwork Sun April 17th at Rocky Ridge 1:30PM

Postby diggingtrail » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:29 am

Oops, wanted to add that a few buckets and or a wheelbarrow would be great to have on hand to move dirt to the berms. YAMBA has two buckets, but more or especially a wheelbarrow would be helpful. Thanks.
diggingtrail

Postby finsout » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:30 am

Ill be late but should still make it out.
I'm a county parks trail user and I vote!
finsout

Postby crsmithpe » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:49 am

The wheelbarrow and I won't be able to make it to this one.
Charles Smith
crsmithpe

Postby diggingtrail » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:55 pm

A small but determined and hardworking crew showed up yesterday for trailwork, plus one rider who stopped and gave an hour of his ride time to help make Rusty Chair better.

During the three hours that we worked one crew was able to add dirt to, and shape, the berms while another crew worked on improving drainage thoughout the middle section of the trail. John Blake, Scott Bates, and Tim Brillhart were our main dirt-diggers while Nate Bushnell (the rider that interupted his ride) hauled the dirt to the berms in the wheelbarrow. Markus Houser and Jody Coeyman were on the berms with me adding dirt and shaping. Jim Kraft, Skip Durgin, Dan Walko, and Dick Mansberger did the hard drainage work as well as reshaping the third berm.

Thanks to all that came out to help yesterday and thank you for all the hard work.
diggingtrail

Postby finsout » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:58 am

rode RC both directions last night with Tim and Scott and the new berms are a 100% improvement on an already fun trail. The first berm coming downhill is especially nice since it now sets you up perfectly for the rest. Wishful thinking but it would be insane with a little dirt whoop/jump between the first berm and the second ;) ;) ;) The drainage is excellent too. The only major fixes on RC are the mud bog between the log and rock steps near the powerline entrance and the final berm going downhill.

Also rode Broken Arrow and the creek is much better with the open flow.
I'm a county parks trail user and I vote!
finsout

Postby Glancing Aft » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:24 am

Thanks to all those who worked on the berms last weekend! They flow great in both directions!
Sorry that I haven't been out to any TMs, somebody loves to schedule TM days on the same days as MASS Races :(
Glancing Aft

Postby diggingtrail » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:28 am

Glancing Aft wrote:Thanks to all those who worked on the berms last weekend! They flow great in both directions!
Sorry that I haven't been out to any TMs, somebody loves to schedule TM days on the same days as MASS Races :(

Sorry Will. Had to schedule them around my new work schedule. My schedule and the MASS schedule just didn't work out this year. Looks like there might be a few days later in the year that there isn't a MASS race and we do have trailwork scheduled.
diggingtrail

Return to Trailwork