Trailwork Sun November 14th at Rocky Ridge 1:30PM

Posts to this topic should be limited to discussion related to trailwork, including ideas for maintaining existing trails or creating new ones

Trailwork Sun November 14th at Rocky Ridge 1:30PM

Postby diggingtrail » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:31 pm

This is the last trailwork of the year! If you haven't joined in yet this year this is the last chance, and the perfect opportunity for first time trail builders. Looking to give back one last time this year, make sure you make it this Sunday.

Where: Rocky Ridge rear gravel parking lot
When: Sunday Nov 14th at 1:30
What: Finishing off "Broken Arrow", a connector trail from the rear picnic area to "Rusty Chair". Rock work, armoring, bench cutting, and general polishing is on the menu for the day.
Bring: Work gloves, water, and a desire to get dirty!

YAMBA supplies tools and energy bars. Hope to see you there.
diggingtrail

Re: Trailwork Sun November 14th at Rocky Ridge 1:30PM

Postby finsout » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:09 am

I should be there. I know this is going to stir the pot but the rock section needs some work. It has the weirdest line and if this trail is supposed to be a beginner trail it should be made a little easier.
I'm a county parks trail user and I vote!
finsout

Re: Trailwork Sun November 14th at Rocky Ridge 1:30PM

Postby finsout » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:23 pm

I know but I'm not talking about taking it out. It just needs some work to 'clean up' the line through them since there really isn't one. What is happening is that people are already taking the left hand approach that is smoother and ignoring the trail section altogether.
I'm a county parks trail user and I vote!
finsout

Return to Trailwork