Adopt a Trail

Posts to this topic should be limited to discussion related to trailwork, including ideas for maintaining existing trails or creating new ones

Re: Adopt a Trail

Postby ScottyB » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:02 pm

Doesn't much matter. I love both places. I'd be happy to help at the lakes if that's where the attention is most needed.
ScottyB

Adopt a Trail

Postby diggingtrail » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:59 pm

ScottyB wrote:Doesn't much matter. I love both places. I'd be happy to help at the lakes if that's where the attention is most needed.

Trail 7 at the lakes gets overgrown every year and is available. Also trail 1 hasn't been adopted yet either.
diggingtrail

Postby diggingtrail » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:02 am

Thanks to Jody Coeyman for adopting The New One at The Lakes. He offered to take care of the trimming over the spring and summer so we don't get torn up by thorns in the open exposed sections.

First post has been updated.
diggingtrail

Postby dpugh5 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:02 pm

diggingtrail wrote:
Sandie wrote:Is this for the Lakes or for the Ridge?

Both, plus Spring Valley if anybody would want to pick up some trails down there.

I could help at spring valley i ride there often , just waiting for it to dry out ?
dpugh5

Postby diggingtrail » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:51 pm

dpugh5 wrote:I could help at spring valley i ride there often , just waiting for it to dry out ?

Great, you can have your pick of any trail there. Just about all of them get grown over in the spring. Just let me know which one you decide on. Thanks.
diggingtrail

Postby dpugh5 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:17 pm

diggingtrail wrote:
dpugh5 wrote:I could help at spring valley i ride there often , just waiting for it to dry out ?

Great, you can have your pick of any trail there. Just about all of them get grown over in the spring. Just let me know which one you decide on. Thanks.

Okay sounds good to me I have a loop over there so when i get back in there ill let you know what trails that consists of, whats the rule on trees down ? Do we go in there with tools to remove them or is that up to the park ?
dpugh5

Postby Sketchy » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:02 pm

What's left at the lakes?
Sketchy

Postby diggingtrail » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:25 am

Sketchy wrote:What's left at the lakes?

Trail 7 still needs one or two people to look after it.
diggingtrail

Postby diggingtrail » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:30 am

dpugh5 wrote:Okay sounds good to me I have a loop over there so when i get back in there ill let you know what trails that consists of, whats the rule on trees down ? Do we go in there with tools to remove them or is that up to the park ?

For downed trees check w/ me first. There is a lot of gray area but generally if the tree is negotiable by bikers and horses it can stay. If it is to large for either (this is where the gray area is) it should be removed to prevent braids. If the tree is in a widow maker position it's the parks problem to deal with. We can use chainsaws in the parks but I have to let Mike Fobes know when we will be doing that.
diggingtrail

Postby Sketchy » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:55 pm

diggingtrail wrote:
Sketchy wrote:What's left at the lakes?

Trail 7 still needs one or two people to look after it.

Sounds good. I'll take trail 7.
Sketchy

Postby diggingtrail » Mon May 30, 2011 8:32 pm

Hey trail adopters, nows the time when the trails really need some attention. With all of the rain that we had over the last few months and now the hot, hot, sun the trails are growing in quick. If you can spare an hour or two to go out and trim back the overgrowth it would be greatly appreciated by all. I should have sent you all a link that you can enter you trailwork hours on the website. If I missed you or you lost the link contact me by PM and I will send it to you.

Also, thanks to Jim-S for going out and working on the Goat trail today.
diggingtrail

Postby finsout » Tue May 31, 2011 10:25 am

I can take Broken Arrow and will most likely walk Rusty Chair tomorrow with the machete and cut back some of the tighter spots.
I'm a county parks trail user and I vote!
finsout

Postby Jody » Tue May 31, 2011 12:04 pm

Trail #1and #1A at the lakes was trimmed today.

Jody.
Jody

Postby RockyMountainSkip » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:22 pm

Hey Jody,
Thanks for putting some sweat equity into trimming #1 and #1A - You're the Best!

See ya on the trails,

Skip
RockyMountainSkip

Postby finsout » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:04 am

I going to switch to Bootleg but will keep and eye on BA and work on that if needed.
I'm a county parks trail user and I vote!
finsout

Previous

Return to Trailwork