Severe Storm Damage in Parks -NEED HELP!

Posts to this topic should be limited to discussion related to trailwork, including ideas for maintaining existing trails or creating new ones

Severe Storm Damage in Parks -NEED HELP!

Postby RockyMountainSkip » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:49 pm

Due to the recent ice storm, there is significant storm damage throughout the York County Parks. I hiked Trail# 2 at the Lakes last Sunday and I can honestly say I have never seen it this bad. Trees and debris are down everywhere and in some cases the trees uprooted and took a portion of some trails with them. We wanted to get out this weekend but Mother Nature had other plans by hitting us with today's snow storm so....

....We will be meeting on Saturday 2/22 at 9:00am at the Lake Redman Boat launch. If you own and are proficient with a chainsaw please come out and give us a hand. No chainsaw, not a problem. Bring a handsaw or we have lopping shears that you can use or just bring your muscle to help clear the debris as it is cut up. Let's hope this is the last of the bad weather and that things melt quickly!

Please keep in mind to wear sturdy work boots if you are planning on joining us as well as work gloves and water. We have plenty of snacks courtesy of our supporting local bike shops and we will also be raffling off some swag to those that attend. Any questions or if you have been out on the Trails please reply back of any down trees that you might have come across.

See ya on the trails,

Skip
RockyMountainSkip

Re: Severe Storm Damage in Parks -NEED HELP!

Postby Mark » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:31 pm

I'm heading up to Rocky RIdge 2/23 around noon to work on trail 5 and the wooded section of 4.
Carpe cerevisiam.
Mark

Re: Severe Storm Damage in Parks -NEED HELP!

Postby RockyMountainSkip » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:58 pm

Thanks for your help Mark! Please send me an email at Skipxcmtbr@hotmail.com with your number of hours you put in, plus let me know of any extra large trees that are down or damage to the trails from uprooted trees that you might have come across. Tom Conway was also up there yesterday so hopefully you ran into one another.

Thanks again for your help!

Skip
RockyMountainSkip

Return to Trailwork