81 Cited For Lewd Activity In York County Parks

Post your general mountain biking related topics here

81 Cited For Lewd Activity In York County Parks

Postby Glancing Aft » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:32 pm

Interesting, keep your eyes out. Or perhaps that would be cover them...
Glancing Aft

Re: 81 Cited For Lewd Activity In York County Parks

Postby rivrmutt » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:24 am

All the public concern has made me laugh out loud. I have been using the parks for almost 20 years for riding, running, and hiking. Not once have I run into anyone in the "act". Not to say that I haven't seen people that I suspect are on the prowl for a hook up. Seem to me like the Commissess just wanted a little publicity.

Postby knobbysideup » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:28 am

Better to stumble upon lewd activity than weirdos in hockey masks wielding chainsaws, machetes, knives, shotguns, or axes, I say.

Who wants to watch The Blair Witch Project right before the night ride tomorrow? I have off work.
:(){ :|:& };:

Postby stickboybike » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:09 pm

rivrmut, you're lucky. :o

I've seen and been solicited while in the bathrooms changing for the MNR. It used to be creepy dudes parked with a white towel on their shoulder back in the day. This activity started when the Truck Stop at Yokumtown on RT 83 was shut down. Then the migration headed south.

I imagine that it's worse from a stand point that mtb riding in the parks isn't as frequent like it was in the 90's. Like flushing out deer in the fall, haha!

At least the Rangers are pro-active about keeping the creeps away...now if they could only do that at my gym I work out at...
'life isn't around the corner, it's in the corner!'

Postby shutdown99 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:25 pm

I've seen a bunch of gay couples at the lakes, during rides over the summer/fall. The ones i've seen have been in the area of the board walk. Their parking there and walking down the trail heading toward hess farm road. (I hate to sterio type, in all fairness, i have no idea if they were up to no good or just taking a walk.)

If you ride that area BEWARE! Heading from the board walk parking lot on iron stone towards hess farm. about 200 feet into the trail there is a small trail off to the right. I thought it was a new trail only to find a dead end with a small clearing at the end. I stopped to take a drink at the end and started looking around, only to see unmentionable used rubber items and garbage in the woods. So I can only assume whats going on there.

All i can say is i'm glad, the parks dept and the York PD are taking this seriously. I don't want to run into anything while im biking!

Return to General MTB Discussion