Best Trails in the Area?

Post your general mountain biking related topics here

Best Trails in the Area?

Postby cbaumga2 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:16 pm

I will be visiting Gettysburg this weekend w/ family and would like to do some riding. What area/trail would you recommend within an hour from Gettysburg for a one day ride? I am a fairy decent rider who can handle most trails. Thanks.
cbaumga2

Re: Best Trails in the Area?

Postby cbaumga2 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:19 pm

PS: I rode in Michaux SF last year, which was fun but I may be looking for a different area.
cbaumga2

Postby crsmithpe » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:47 am

Michaux is probably your best bet for close trails. Rocky Ridge and Lake Redman / Lake Williams are two York County parks that have good trails, but they are probably over an hour from Gettysburg.
Charles Smith
crsmithpe

Postby kraft » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:04 pm

It looks as if Michaux is your best bet from Gettysburg. But really you don't get much better than Michaux if you know your way around. It can really get confusing and complicated and not alot of fun if you hit the wrong trails. I might suggest stopping by the Gettysburg Bicycle Shop. They will be able to give you great suggestions for Michaux and possibly be able to give you some alternatives within an hour of Gettysburg. Not sure what would be south down towards Fredrick or Hagerstown, MD. The Catoctin Mountians are down that way but I've never rode there.
Do the thing that is hard to do and the power will come.
kraft

Return to General MTB Discussion