Interest for Multi-Use trails at Pinchot?!? Poll

Post your general mountain biking related topics here

Would you support, and use, trails created for multi-use purposes at Gifford Pinchot State Park?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:18 pm

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 25

Re: Interest for Multi-Use trails at Pinchot?!? Poll

Postby back2go » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:29 pm

Don't screw this up ... I ride there all the time and do not wish to be tossed out because someone "took an interest". How about just leaving well enough alone?
back2go

Postby ScottyB » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:43 pm

prophetdriver07 wrote:Im for it. Ride a couple hrs then take a dip in the lake to cool off. Like finsout stated....cant be wide smooth straight trails. Combine White Clay and rusty chair and Viola....awesome trails.
ScottyB

Postby knobbysideup » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:16 am

back2go wrote:Don't screw this up ... I ride there all the time and do not wish to be tossed out because someone "took an interest". How about just leaving well enough alone?

I'm with b2g on this. Leave it alone.
:(){ :|:& };:
knobbysideup

Postby prophetdriver07 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:42 pm

I don't see why you'd get "tossed" they would leave the normal trails and add more technical trails off of them. Would be nice to have another set of trails close by to ride.
prophetdriver07

Postby Glancing Aft » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:47 am

I've recently been considering moving within a mile of Pinchot. So, I was wondering if there was any recent movement on this or if things are staying how they are up there?
Glancing Aft

Postby finsout » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:34 am

probably about the same as roundtop getting downhill biking.
I'm a county parks trail user and I vote!
finsout

Postby diggingtrail » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:44 pm

Glancing Aft wrote:I've recently been considering moving within a mile of Pinchot. So, I was wondering if there was any recent movement on this or if things are staying how they are up there?

Good News Update

There is another meeting (and a trail assesment) scheduled for next month. Sorry for the delay in posting, but I wanted to be more sure that there was going to be more progress. I can't give details at this point in time due to this being in the very begginning stages and there aren't really many details at all :D . The IMBA regional rep is taking the lead in this with YAMBA involvement b/c of their experience in dealing with state entities. Things are looking positive, no guarantees but I'd put the possibilities at 50/50 or maybe even better now.
diggingtrail

Postby Glancing Aft » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:39 am

Glad to hear the potential good news. As it turns out I decided to move right near Rocky Ridge instead of Pinchot, however I'm still very interested in seeing this develop into a good trail system.
As a heads up Rangers are kicking people out of Lambs Gap again, so I know some people in the west shore area who are without an after work place to ride, so I'm sure they would help out with developing the trails.
Glancing Aft

Postby diggingtrail » Thu May 03, 2012 10:12 pm

Glancing Aft wrote:Glad to hear the potential good news. As it turns out I decided to move right near Rocky Ridge instead of Pinchot, however I'm still very interested in seeing this develop into a good trail system.
As a heads up Rangers are kicking people out of Lambs Gap again, so I know some people in the west shore area who are without an after work place to ride, so I'm sure they would help out with developing the trails.

Did you get one of the ones at the bottom of RR on Druck Valley. There was one that was only listed for a week or two for a great price (there are two now though that have nice prices for the acreage too). If I could move out of the city I would have been all over that!!!!
diggingtrail

Previous

Return to General MTB Discussion