Amazing new trials video

Post your general mountain biking related topics here

Amazing new trials video

Postby knobbysideup » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:24 pm

:(){ :|:& };:
knobbysideup

Re: Amazing new trials video

Postby crsmithpe » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:45 pm

Thanks. I'll now feel like a tool every time I put on my full face helmet and pads.
Charles Smith
crsmithpe

Postby diggingtrail » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:59 pm

Knobby, hope you don't mind I edited your post so the vid loads up here. Thanks for sharing it, heard about it but hadn't watched it yet. This dude has skillz!
diggingtrail

Postby finsout » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:18 am

no doubt the skills are there but IMO that is just no 'excitement factor' with trials.
I'm a county parks trail user and I vote!
finsout

Postby diggingtrail » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:25 am

finsout wrote:no doubt the skills are there but IMO that is just no 'excitement factor' with trials.

:o

Man, that 12-15 foot drop to flat in the abandoned concrete houses was exciting along w/ the one gap jump he did there.
diggingtrail

Postby finsout » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:25 am

true but I LOVE speed more than anything. What was that comp they had a few months ago out west? Red bull Rampage. damn now that was insane.
I'm a county parks trail user and I vote!
finsout

Postby knobbysideup » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:58 pm

Trials skills > downhill skills, imho. And that certainly shows in the two videos. Same with playboat vs. creek. One is more skill, the other is more fear management. Trialsin, though, is skill AND fear management.

Seriously, those DH guys in the 2nd video aren't even doing as much relative vertical as Danny, let alone doing anything other than holding on in a straight line and using their brakes while their monster travel soaks up everything and they wear full body armor. *yawn*

And, for the record, the guys who excel at downhill keep their bikes ON the ground as much as possible. getting in the air slows them down.

Dual slalom is pretty intense though.
knobbysideup

Postby Glancing Aft » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:07 pm

The best part about danny's videos, is that it proves those silly shocks so many people use are pointless ;)
Glancing Aft

Postby kraft » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:27 pm

Thanks for sharing that Greg. I thought I've seen all of Danny's youtube vids but I guess not. maybe we shoud all learn how to do trials stuff that way if they close down all the trails we can still ride anywhere, anything, anytime. Trials is the ultimate for me - I wish I could do that stuff. To see how much control and intimitcy between the rider, their bike and the environment these people have is amazing. I suppose you can do that kind of stuff if it rains, snows, at night, over your lunch break. So are there any YAMBA members that can do that?
Do the thing that is hard to do and the power will come.
kraft

Postby knobbysideup » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:35 am

Yeah. I really miss my hardtail. I used to dabble all the time. College towns are awesome for trialsin the urban jungle. I've been debating getting a dirt jump/trials rig set up, but alas I just had my 7th ankle surgery, am old, and fat, and no longer live in a town where I can play. So, perhaps I'll focus on my playboat. Water is softer, and you don't get enough vertical for anything more than a single loop in those :-)

I started with small curbs and worked my way up. Then lost all of that skill when I bought my first double boinger and got rid of my crackenfail m800.
knobbysideup

Postby Glancing Aft » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:04 pm

Another new video of Danny. I actually like this one better,

Glancing Aft

Return to General MTB Discussion