YAMBA Social Ride and Club Meeting

Postby danwalko » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:57 pm

Hey everyone...

We will be combining a Social Group Ride with our next club meeting to discuss upcoming events, open positions (Secretary, Treasurer) and the direction of the club.

Date - Sunday 10/21/12
Time - 1pm
Location - Lake Redman Boat Launch Parking Lot (pending no trail closures)
We will meet at the boat launch and have a social group ride for about 2 hours. After the ride, we will all head over to Skip's house for the club meeting. We will hang out in the backyard in front of the campfire, have a few beverages and grilled hotdogs and discuss some YAMBA business.

In the event of closed trails, we will meet at Rocky Ridge, ride there, and cook out at an open pavilion. In the event of a total washout of a day...we will postpone for another date.

Please let us know who plans to attend so we can arrange the proper amount of food and beverages.

You can email me directly (danwalko@yahoo.com) or just post up here.

See you on 10/21!

Thanks, Dan
danwalko

Postby danwalko » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:19 pm

Waiting til Sunday AM to decide what we are doing with the ride. All trails are currently closed due to the major amount of rain last evening. Check back Sunday AM for more info.
danwalko

Re: YAMBA Social Ride and Club Meeting

Postby ken » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:38 pm

Rocky ridge trails will be open sunday (http://twitter.com/yorkcountyparks).
ken

Postby danwalko » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:21 am

Ok everyone.. Looks like the Lakes are still closed but Rocky Ridge is OPEN! We will meet for our group ride at 1pm. Ride at a social pace for about 2 hours or so. Meet at the front paved parking lot.

After the ride, we will have our club meeting in one of the open pavilions. Will need to see which one is open but definitely one near the front paved lot.

I will grab some dogs, chips, and water and bring my small gas grill to cook a couple dogs. Nothing fancy, just a little snack while we meet. Right now, I have responses that 9 people are attending. Skip, Mike, Kevin, Scott, Jason, Charles, Joel, Ken, Markus. Please let me know asap if more are planning to come.

See everyone at 1pm.
danwalko

Postby rmichels » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:56 am

Small chance I may be there for the meeting.

Ray
rmichels

Postby danwalko » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:34 am

If anyone has an extra little propane tank, please bring it. I have about half a tank but don't want to run out.
danwalko

Return to News and Announcements