YAMBA Leadership change....

YAMBA Leadership change....

Postby RockyMountainSkip » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:34 pm

Hello everyone,

This year marks a milestone for YAMBA – On December 21st, YAMBA will celebrate its 10 Year Anniversary! WOO-HOO!!!

Time sure does fly right on by when you are having fun because I’m really not sure where 10 years have gone. YAMBA has accomplished so much since its inception and there sure are a lot of people to thank for that. Too many actually to name in this email, but I know they know who they are and they have my heartfelt “Thanks” for their dedication and commitment to our club.

It’s hard for me to believe that what started as a few guys sitting around a table talking about giving back to the trail systems within the York County Parks has evolved into one of the largest trail advocacy clubs in our state of PA! Everyone involved with YAMBA has so much to be proud of because of what the club has accomplished over the years in volunteer hours, respect, trust and even an award or two.

With YAMBA’s upcoming Anniversary, I feel there also comes a time for change. As some of you know, Tony Doll, George McNally and I founded the club 10 years ago along with the help of Will Mahler, Steve Schilling and Pete Wallace. I have been the President of YAMBA for the entire duration of the club’s existence. This position has helped me learn a lot about others and has taught me even more about myself. It has been a very rewarding experience but one not without its challenges along the way.

At the end of this year, I will be stepping down as the Club President and handing the reins over to someone else who has YAMBA’s best interest at heart. I do plan to remain active within the club, but I am looking forward to giving someone else the opportunity to lead YAMBA and bring news ideas to help shape YAMBA’s very bright future.

With that being said, I would like to congratulate Dan Walko who will be taking over my duties as Club President. Dan has been YAMBA’s Club Secretary and also a member of our Trail Advocacy Committee. YAMBA has become a hobby for Dan and I know he will serve the club and its members well as our new President. Please join me in congratulating Dan in his new leadership role within the club!

In closing, I would like to say “Thank You” to all of you that have shown your support of YAMBA over the years. It has meant a lot to me and YAMBA’s success has definitely been a Team effort. YAMBA Members are some of the most giving and generous people that I have had the pleasure to work (and play) with over the years. I consider all of you my fellow singletrack friends and look forward to seeing you out on the trails soon. Until then, take care and “keep the rubber side down.”

Yours in Mountain Biking,

Skip Durgin
York Area Mountain Bike Association

Re: YAMBA Leadership change....

Postby kraft » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:19 pm

Thank you Skip for getting me involved in YAMBA (and teaching me to gracefully hop over logs) and all you have done and I look forward to Dan taking over the reins as the new club president.
Do the thing that is hard to do and the power will come.

Return to News and Announcements