Lets talk trails?

Lets talk trails?

Postby mtmajor » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:44 pm

lets talk trails.pdf
(45.74 KiB) Downloaded 118 times

I noticed this on the york county parks web page today. I had not heard anything about it before but sounded like it would be of great interest to all parks trail users. Does anyone know any more details about this? Mike M.
mtmajor

Re: Lets talk trails?

Postby diggingtrail » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:59 pm

Thanks for the heads up Mike. I knew nothing about this. I will hold back on my comments until I know more. However I definitely think that YAMBA need to make a concerted effort to make it to one of the meetings. We want our voice to be heard.
diggingtrail

Re: Lets talk trails?

Postby danwalko » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:03 pm

Hey guys...

I got more info on this today. Here is a link to the most recent newsletter for the trail committee:
http://www.yorkcountytrails.org/portals ... _12010.pdf

Basically...this is a trail plan for York County to link different parks and recreation areas together. It is mostly about developing new trail systems throughout the county....not building new trails within the county parks. It also is not really focusing on off-road trails but more stuff like the rail trail, Red Lion Mile, etc.

I am not sure at this time that it is something we need to be involved in. My wife is part of the committee and will keep me informed as to whether there is anything we need to be concerned about. If there is....I will let you know and someone from YAMBA can attend. If anyone wants to attend anyway....feel free. Just keep us informed about what you have learned.

Thanks, Dan
danwalko

Return to News and Announcements