Volunteer needed to build rock sling

Volunteer needed to build rock sling

Postby diggingtrail » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:11 pm

I obtained a design for a rock sling from a club in Georgia. JORBA in NJ made one and have a video of it in action on their trails, Link. A rock sling will help us greatly on TW's as we seem to be moving rock more frequently now, and we need somebody to put one together. The design .pdf is attached. Take a look at it, and let us know if you can do this. If you think cost will be more than $50 let Skip or I know before proceeding, otherwise YAMBA will reimburse the cost of materials if receipts are provided. Thanks.
Attachments
spartacus-1[1].0.pdf
(116.32 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Last edited by diggingtrail on Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added link to video of "spartacus" in action
diggingtrail

Re: Volunteer needed to build rock sling

Postby dmansberger » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:03 am

Consider it done. Cost - $0.00. How many required and do we need one for this Sunday's work detail?
dmansberger

Postby diggingtrail » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:25 am

dmansberger wrote:Consider it done. Cost - $0.00. How many required and do we need one for this Sunday's work detail?

Wow, thanks. We only need one at this time. It takes up to six people to "operate" this beast depending on the size of the rock, so at most trailworks we will only have enough people to utilize one. Also we shouldn't need it for this Sunday as we are just starting on this trail, however we will be using it heavily on this trail later.

Thanks again.
diggingtrail

Postby Glancing Aft » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:46 pm

I'm so glad to hear YAMBA is going to have one of these! I can't speak highly enough about the quality of the trails JORBA has built using a spartacus! Hopefully it will work really well at Rocky Ridge!
Glancing Aft

Postby danwalko » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:21 pm

Dick...

Thanks for agreeing to build the rock sling. I am certain it will be very useful on the new trail at RR.

Dan
danwalko

Return to News and Announcements