Orienteering - Rocky Ridge Nov 28

Want to discuss other sports do it hear. Road Riding, snow sports, etc. all are welcome.

Orienteering - Rocky Ridge Nov 28

Postby Spangaru » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:02 pm

For those who might have an interest (and already a 'leg up' due to terrain familiarity) there's an orienteering event at Rocky Ridge on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Should be a good way to burn off some of those Holiday calories. If you're not interested in running around in the woods with map and compass, probably worth knowing that those riding that day will be sharing the park with a fair number of runners/hikers. The limited information available about the event is at: http://www.furlong47.com/svo/schedule.html

It looks like it will be happening between 10 AM and 3 PM. I'll probably get a ride in afterwards if I haven't blown out an ankle during the event...
Servus,
Spangaru
-The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding. – Justice Brandeis, 1928
Spangaru

Re: Orienteering - Rocky Ridge Nov 28

Postby Glancing Aft » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:14 pm

I did this two years ago and actually had a lot of fun at it. I knew the park so well that I don't even think I had to break the compass out at all :D
Glancing Aft

Re: Orienteering - Rocky Ridge Nov 28

Postby Spangaru » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:52 pm

At the very least, your entry fee will get you a detailed map of the park (or at least a section of it) that beats just about anything else available out there. I'll be interested to see how up-to-date the trails will be on the map; wondering if Rusty Chair will be there.
Servus,
Spangaru
-The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding. – Justice Brandeis, 1928
Spangaru

Return to Other Sports