Megatransect

Want to discuss other sports do it hear. Road Riding, snow sports, etc. all are welcome.

Megatransect

Postby Spangaru » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:48 pm

With the exception of it occurring on the same weekend as the IMBA visit, I have nothing but good things to say about this year's Megatransect in Lock Haven. I might not be saying anything you don't know, but it's a great venue, very well organized, is well funded by a large set of sponsors (Troegs, Sheetz, Dominos, etc.), and will leave just about anyone humbled by it's difficulty. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a trail challenge on foot, and mention it the very day after because it sells out every year, and will likely do so even quicker this year. I think they get people to sign up again so soon afterwards by getting them to forget how bad they feel with an unbelieveable after-party. Not sure that there are any updates on the site yet, but you can get details at: https://ultrahike.com

They change the course slightly each year. This year's ~26 mile track is below:
Megatransect 2010 v2.jpg
Servus,
Spangaru
-The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding. – Justice Brandeis, 1928
Spangaru

Re: Megatransect

Postby Spangaru » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:58 pm

For those who are starting the year ambitiously (but maybe not ambitiously enough to ride at 8:15) :P ...

Registration opened at noon today for the 2011 Bald Eagle Megatransect. Last year it filled up in 3 days, but with 400+ still wait-listed on race day, and a write-up in TrailRunner, I'm guessing it could be full even sooner. http://www.parunners.com
Happy New Year!
Servus,
Spangaru
-The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding. – Justice Brandeis, 1928
Spangaru

Re: Megatransect

Postby diggingtrail » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:06 pm

Well I rode at 815 and signed up for the Megatransect :roll: . Thanks for the heads up on the open registration.
diggingtrail

Return to Other Sports