Membership Material via email?

Constructive criticism welcomed here. Have a question or a problem, put it here as well.

Membership Material via email?

Postby rmichels » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:47 pm

With this new website we will be managing YAMBA renewals electronically instead of via snail mail. As part of the existing renewal process each member receives a membership card in the mail. I would like to send membership materials via email which means each member would print out his or her membership card.

What do you think of that? Do you really use your card? By doing things electronically we can save $150 a year in postage, not to mention wear and tear on my printer/ink/paper (which I do not bill back to YAMBA...heck many times the postage does not make it back to Yamba either...but still it saves somebody money :D )

Ray
rmichels

Re: Membership Material via email?

Postby danwalko » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:12 pm

Hey Ray.

That all sounds like a great idea to me. Thanks.
danwalko

Postby wrench347 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:27 pm

electronic membership application/renewal is a great way to go. saves money for the club, time for the person managing the process & saves trees. a win from any perspective i should think
tony
I'm a county parks trail user and I vote!
wrench347

Postby trkramer » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:09 pm

It only saves trees if people don't print out their membership info right? :D

Yeah I agree on the e-membership program. I actually get forms and "important" announcements from my company via USPS and I have to wonder why the company is spending money on postage when we have email as well as interoffice mail.
trkramer

Postby rmichels » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:38 pm

trkramer wrote:It only saves trees if people don't print out their membership info right? :D

Yeah I agree on the e-membership program. I actually get forms and "important" announcements from my company via USPS and I have to wonder why the company is spending money on postage when we have email as well as interoffice mail.

Well it at least saves the envelope, letter and gas to move the mail :D

I wonder the same thing on communication from my company. I can see legal stuff, but why send me a brochure on new things to come in HR etc.

Ray
rmichels

Return to Feedback