Wednesday Winter Night Rides

Posts for information about group, social, or night rides including YAMBA club rides and also non-YAMBA related rides if you feel other members would be interested

Wednesday Winter Night Rides

Postby Glancing Aft » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:50 pm

Starting next Wednesday, November 10th at 6:00pm at the Lake Redman boat ramp is the return of the YAMBA Winter Night Rides! The intent of these rides is to keep us all in shape during the winter with some great base miles and some good company! The pace will be an Intermediate pace with a consistent two hours of biking (i.e. minimal stopping). No one will be dropped on these rides! Like last year if we get a large enough turnout we will split into an A group and a B group.

Each week, on Wednesday morning I will post on this thread confirming if the ride will run, or if it's canceled due to the Lakes being closed. During the month of December we will again be having the rides at Rocky Ridge.

For these rides it is mandatory to bring:
- A Helmet
- A Light System
- A Positive Attitude

Please remember that night riding in any of the York County Parks at any other time other than these sanctioned rides is unlawful and getting caught doing so could jeopardize our future relationship with the Park System.

Lastly for insurance purposes we please ask that you become a YAMBA member to partake in these rides, thank you!!!
Glancing Aft

Re: Wednesday Winter Night Rides

Postby crsmithpe » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:35 pm

Can there be a B group of one rider?
Charles Smith
crsmithpe

Postby knobbysideup » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:38 pm

I'll be leading the D group. Otherwise known as laying on the couch watching movies and eating pizza.
:(){ :|:& };:
knobbysideup

Postby dpugh5 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:44 pm

I have class on Wednesday I was wondering what time you leave, I would like to try and make it to a few of these rides .
-Dave
dpugh5

Postby danwalko » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:36 pm

Dave...

Wheels roll promptly at 6pm. We meet at the Lake Redman Boat Launch and plan the ride according to the skill level of those in attendance...

Charles...not sure why you need to be in the B Group given all of the riding you have done late summer/early fall. You can keep up with just about anyone!! If you are B....I must be in the D group with Greg ;)

I can't make it this week but hope to be able to make some of them.

Have fun!

Dan
danwalko

Postby Glancing Aft » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:07 pm

As Dan said Charles there's no reason you won't be fine in a B group (if we even split things up)... It's November and there's really no need for anyone to be going fast right now. Just enjoy the time on the bike, get some training in over the winter, and be back stronger in the spring...
Glancing Aft

Postby crsmithpe » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:26 pm

A cyclometer was found on the night ride tonight, in case anyone lost one.
Charles Smith
crsmithpe

Postby Glancing Aft » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:46 pm

Great first ride everyone! We had a turnout of 14 and after a few miles split into two groups. I think it went off well and I hope everyone had a good ride!
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/56268878

Next week let's please try to get wheels down a bit closer to 6pm. As it gets colder people really won't want to be waiting around in the parking lot...
Glancing Aft

Postby Glancing Aft » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:54 pm

As of right now the Lakes are closed. I think it is safe to assume that they will be closed again tomorrow, so no night ride, but I will post up in the AM to verify....
Glancing Aft

Postby Glancing Aft » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:46 am

Lakes are closed.
See you all next week...
Glancing Aft

Postby Glancing Aft » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:04 pm

As of right now the Lakes are OPEN, so see everyone tomorrow at 6!

If anything changes as far as the open/closed status I'll try to post up first thing in the am...
Glancing Aft

Postby Glancing Aft » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:55 am

hey all,
just a reminder that this week's ride moves up to Rocky Ridge and we will be up there for the rest of the month!
Unfortunately with the way the weather forecast is looking I doubt we'll be riding tomorrow...
Glancing Aft

Postby Trombo » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:26 pm

GO or no go
thanks
rob
Trombo

Postby Glancing Aft » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:01 pm

6pm at Rocky Ridge tomorrow, be there!
Glancing Aft

Postby Glancing Aft » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:21 am

Hey guys, I have a work holiday party this Wednesday so won't be at the night ride.
The weather is looking to be great and should be warmer than last week so have fun! Have a Merry Christmas and see you all next week!
Glancing Aft

Postby danwalko » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:29 am

Thanks to the 12 riders who joined me last night on the Night Ride at Rocky Ridge. The weather was great - light winds, not too cold, and the moon was shining brightly. Next week is our last night ride at Rocky Ridge for this season so hopefully the snow stay away and we can continue to ride. (Those of you that ski will just have to deal with the fake stuff a little longer!) We ended up breaking up into two groups about half way through the ride. Everyone had a great time.

Happy Holidays! Hope to see many of you next Wednesday. After Jan 1, the Wednesday night rides move to the Lakes as long as the trails are open.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/York-Area-Mountain-Bike-Association-YAMBA/114690851085
danwalko

Postby Glancing Aft » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:53 pm

hey guys, I took a bad crash up at swatara today (which included a handlebar to the ribs) and am not going to be in any shape to ride tonight. Sorry to bail for the second week in a row. Have a great time up at Rocky Ridge and see you all at Lake Redman next week. Have a happy New Year!
Glancing Aft

Postby Glancing Aft » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:47 am

Hey guys,
As of right now the Lakes are closed, although they may open up later in the day. I am swamped at work so I don't think I will be able to make the ride if it does go on, but I'll try calling at lunch to see if the Lakes are still closed and post up...
Glancing Aft

Postby Trombo » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:18 pm

Just called parks office.
Trails and parking lots open.
Looking forward to a good snowy ride.
Rob
Trombo

Postby Jody » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:29 pm

I was going to do the night ride tonight but when I tried to ride in the backyard today I
couldn`t get any traction, So I`m not going.
Who ever does ride tonight, if you get time, report on here how it went, traction, conditions, etc...

Jody.
Jody

Next

Return to Group Rides