Novice rider

Posts for information about group, social, or night rides including YAMBA club rides and also non-YAMBA related rides if you feel other members would be interested

Novice rider

Postby TimB » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:46 am

Is there anyway to be introduced to fellow novice riders or upcoming rides for newcomers?
Thanks Tim
TimB

Re: Novice rider

Postby danwalko » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:44 pm

Hey Tim...

I am sure we will be having some organized group social rides throughout the fall. However, they are not as often as the summer. The best way to meet newer riders is to attend one of our MOnday Night Rides which start up again in April-May. They are held every Monday evening from 6pm to 8pm and are geared to beginners and those not familiar with the trails in the York County Parks.

For now...maybe you want to try to attend a trrailwork session? We many times will have a social type ride after the trailwork. Nothing too fast or hard...just to get out on the bikes. There is trailwork tomorrow at 9:30am at the Rocky Ridge. Meet in the rear gravel parking lot under the power lines. Not sure if anyone is going to ride afterwards.

Keep an eye on the board for other social rides. If you go to the bottom of the page under the "Group Rides" topic and click the SUBSCRIBE button, you will an email every time someone posts there.

Welcome and look forward to meeting you at one of our events.

Dan Walko
danwalko

Postby ScottyB » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:27 pm

I might be past the novice stage by now, but still new. Hit me up if you want to ride sometime (if you can't find a group ride). Always looking to get on the trails.
ScottyB

Postby rmichels » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:56 am

Next Sunday, Nov 7 there is a Mountain Bike Jamoboree in Northeast Maryland. Check out this forum post. http://yamba.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=385 They have a Group C for riders with some experience and a Mountain Bike 101 level for newer riders.

Ray
rmichels

Postby finsout » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:27 pm

I ride at RR on most weekends and many evenings (not so much with the time change tho). PM me if you want to ride.
I'm a county parks trail user and I vote!
finsout

Return to Group Rides