No Tour de tykes this year ?

Posts to this topic include discussions related to any other Races/Series besides MASS and Michaux

No Tour de tykes this year ?

Postby dpugh5 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:50 pm

So I was looking at the MASS schedule and it does not mention the tour de tykes (danville) this year. Does anyone know if that race is still going on maybe separate from MASS?
dpugh5

Re: No Tour de tykes this year ?

Postby Glancing Aft » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:45 am

I'm going to the MASS Team Captains Meeting at Bear Creek this weekend so I will try to find out what happened to it. I have a feeling the venue may have been lost :( Shame, cause that race was well suited for central PA'ers with all the climbing, the flatlanders suffered on it!
Glancing Aft

Postby Glancing Aft » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:56 am

I asked about this at the MASS Team Captains meeting. Something changed with management at the hospital and they would not issue permits to the race promoter. The promoter is still trying to secure a new venue up there, but it will not be part of the MASS Series. Everyone at the meeting seemed sad about loosing this race, let's hope the venue can come back in the future!
Glancing Aft

Postby dpugh5 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:22 pm

Yeah that is too bad I enjoyed that event. No one else around me enjoyed it much but that is okay. I hope it comes back though..
dpugh5

Return to Other Races/Series