Seven Springs 24 Hr

Posts to this topic include discussions related to any other Races/Series besides MASS and Michaux

Seven Springs 24 Hr

Postby Spangaru » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:08 pm

Anyone else from the York area making the trip to the Laurel Highlands over Labor Day weekend? Registration without the $50 late fee is due by August 2nd.

http://www.7springs.com/page/calendars.detail/date/3651/event/887.html
Servus,
Spangaru
-The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding. – Justice Brandeis, 1928
Spangaru

Re: Seven Springs 24 Hr

Postby Glancing Aft » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:27 am

The Cycle Works will be sending at least two teams out for the race. It was a great time last year and I'm looking forward to it again this year!
Glancing Aft

Postby Spangaru » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:32 am

Sounds good! After my experience on yesterday's night ride, I'm sure I'll see you there (at least briefly as you pass me by)!
Servus,
Spangaru
-The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding. – Justice Brandeis, 1928
Spangaru

Postby knobbysideup » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:21 pm

I've kept my calendar open for that weekend, but am not on any team at the moment. The seven springs course is quite fun. Although it seems there is a monsoon hitting us every year we are there :-)
:(){ :|:& };:
knobbysideup

Postby Spangaru » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:13 pm

Saturday's coming up soon, so hope to run into any YAMBA folks headed to the Laural Highlands this weekend. Team Go Ugly Early should be encamped by mid-day Friday in an attempt to get in a 'recon lap' before dark.
Servus,
Spangaru
Spangaru

Postby Glancing Aft » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:52 pm

What a race! There was a pretty good turnout this year (I think it was bigger than last year?) and the weather (although extremely windy) was great for keeping cool. I raced in the Sport 4 man team division and we had a tough battle with 2 other teams throughout the night. In the end we pulled out ahead to take 1st with 18 laps, in 24hr 10 min and 33 Seconds beating out second place by 26 min and 30 seconds.
I myself raced great this year and was really able to notice what a stronger rider I've become over the last year. I pulled 5 laps with an average lap time of 1:21:46 over the 11.6 mile course and managed to do it without any cramps and very few dismounts.
If anyone is interested here is my GPS data from the race, http://connect.garmin.com/activity/47812090
Glancing Aft

Return to Other Races/Series