29er wheelset

29er wheelset

Postby dpugh5 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:30 pm

Looking to buy a new wheelset for my race bike this year . Im having problems keeping my current wheels true and keep breaking spokes. Im open to suggestions and offers. Honestly don't know what im looking for i have not found anything that im sold on yet as far as 29ers go ...
dpugh5

Re: 29er wheelset

Postby crsmithpe » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:02 am

I like Mavic. I have a set of 521, 36 hole rims. The front is still straight after two years. The rear has one small tweak in it from when I crashed. That crash is the same one that bent the seatpost I gave you.

I also have a used set of 32 hole 819 rims I got from Kevin. They are doing really well too. The back is more bent than when I bought it. But it is mounted to a frame that ended up cracking from use.

My vote would be for a set of 36 hole 719 wheels built on your favorite hubs. You can order them from Universal Cycles.
Charles Smith
crsmithpe

Postby SimplicityMike » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:45 pm

I have a pretty bombproof set of wheels for sale in the classifieds. I am 255lbs and have not been able to knock them outta true. The combination of Flow rims & straight 1.8ga spokes makes for an extremely durable wheel.
SimplicityMike

Postby dpugh5 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:03 pm

Charles, I love my 819s , they are truly bomb proof. thats what I have on my 26 inch that paired with I9s. I trued them once and it was very minor , for some reason I broke a spoke but after a year of my riding thats impressive
SimplicityMike, Stans flow rims are actually what im looking for, but I found a set of I9 classics laced up with stans crests on ebay for a price i couldnt turn down. Are you by chance mike from simplicity cycles ? Pm me about what the best price you could do on a set of Stans Flow hoops. thanks
dpugh5

Return to Wanted