Wanted: Bike, New to Sport

Wanted: Bike, New to Sport

Postby fifthroundbust » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:26 am

I am looking for a good beginner's bike, I am new to the sport and plan on trail riding. I am 24 years old and am 5'9. I am unsure of what bike to buy for my first. I am looking to spend around $400-500. You can contact me at fifthroundbust@yahoo.com. Thanks
fifthroundbust

Re: Wanted: Bike, New to Sport

Postby rmichels » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:05 pm

Welcome to the board and the fun of mountain biking. When you do get your bike, check out our ride schedule that starts up in the spring. On monday nights we have a beginner ride that alternates between Rocky Ridge Park and Lake Redman. The monday night ride is a great way to work up your skills in a beginner friendly environment as well as meet other riders. Other rides may appear as people post them. Hope to see you on the trails!

I don't have any specific recommendations for a bike, but there are many members with great bike knowledge.

Also (shameless promotion begins), check out our trailwork schedule. This is another way to meet other riders as well as give back to the parks with your time and effort :) You can also support YAMBA by becoming a member. You can join here http://www.yamba.org/membership/membership.php which is the Join Us link on the main page.

Ray
rmichels

Re: Wanted: Bike, New to Sport

Postby diggingtrail » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:57 pm

fifthroundbust wrote:I am looking for a good beginner's bike, I am new to the sport and plan on trail riding. I am 24 years old and am 5'9. I am unsure of what bike to buy for my first. I am looking to spend around $400-500. You can contact me at fifthroundbust@yahoo.com. Thanks

Definitely get a hard tail. You will get more for your money. Also look for a used one and you should get an even better deal. Avoid Wally World specials. Unfortunately I have some full suspension frames to sell but no complete bikes to offer you. Hopefully somebody on the site here will have one that they can sell. If not, visit the local bike shops and test ride a few of their bikes. Each one will have at least one beginner level bike. Good luck with your search. Hope to see you out on the trails soon.
diggingtrail

Return to Wanted