Racing for YAMBA

Mountian Bike racing discussion including training, equipment etc

Racing for YAMBA

Postby RockyMountainSkip » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:03 pm

The topic of having a YAMBA race Team has come up in the past and some people have also suggested to me about trying to have all of the local teams race under YAMBA. Personally, I think it would be really cool to have all of the local shops/race teams unite and represent York County. Other people like this idea as well and some do not. Hey, it's all good! What's everyone else think about this idea?
RockyMountainSkip

Re: Racing for YAMBA

Postby sperschke » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:22 am

I'd consider it. I'm thinking to take a break from triathlons and return to mtb racing for a year.
How would team sponsorship work though?
What are all the local race teams?
Tx,
Scott P.
sperschke

Postby RockyMountainSkip » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:43 pm

Hey Scott,

I was hoping to have all of the local Teams (Cycle Works, Gung Ho and Spuds Racing) unify and race all together under the YAMBA name. Racers would still wear their jerseys/fit kits from their respective Teams and those who don't already race for one of these 3 Teams could don the YAMBA jersey colors. Unfortunately, there wasn't a lot of support for this idea so I don't see much happening this year with a YAMBA race Team. Perhaps somewhere down the road....or more fitting...somewhere down the trail....

See ya on the trails,

Skip
RockyMountainSkip

Postby knobbysideup » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:50 pm

I'd fly the YAMBA colors at some 24 hour races. I'm looking for anybody interested in forming teams for big bear, ole bull, and 7 springs. Maybe some MASS and Michaux races too, but I much prefer the 24 hour events.

Just send me a note if you'd like to experience the fun that is 24 hour racing. I'm happy to be on any type of team: sport, coed, clydesdale (I know for sure I can get a clyde team on the podium ... 3 years in a row with the Troegs team!).

-- Greg
:(){ :|:& };:
knobbysideup

Return to General Racing Discussion