tree down on the goat

Posts pertainin to the trails at William H. Kain County Park (Lake Redman and Lake Williams) or any general information about the Park

tree down on the goat

Postby dpugh5 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:48 pm

There is a large tree that fell down on trail five its going to need a chainsaw. Its quite difficult to get around it you have to get off your bike , i do not know what the people who ride horses do. Just be careful its slippery .
dpugh5

Re: tree down on the goat

Postby ScottyB » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:15 pm

I don't know all the trail names. But from the parking lot off George street if you take the trail that goes through the grass running along the road (takes your around the lake and to trail 2)there is a massive tree down there too. If not the same one.
ScottyB

Postby ls1der » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:37 am

dpugh5 wrote:There is a large tree that fell down on trail five its going to need a chainsaw. Its quite difficult to get around it you have to get off your bike , i do not know what the people who ride horses do. Just be careful its slippery .

I can cut this out. Can you give me a more detailed location description? Thanks. ...Scott
Scott Ramsay
ls1der

Postby ls1der » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:40 am

ScottyB wrote:I don't know all the trail names. But from the parking lot off George street if you take the trail that goes through the grass running along the road (takes your around the lake and to trail 2)there is a massive tree down there too. If not the same one.

I can take care of this. Is it on said grass area? If so, the Parks Dept. may get to it before me.
Scott Ramsay
ls1der

Postby ScottyB » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:19 am

It's up a little ways. Before the steep rocky hill.
ScottyB

Postby jim-s » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:55 am

There was a tree down just S of Lake Rd on the goat trail (5). I tried to send a private message about that last week, did it not get through?
jim-s

Postby ls1der » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:04 pm

jim-s wrote:There was a tree down just S of Lake Rd on the goat trail (5). I tried to send a private message about that last week, did it not get through?

To whom?
Scott Ramsay
ls1der

Postby Jody » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:19 pm

The tree down on the goat trail , location, if your coming out from the route 83 creek tunnel, cross lake road, go through the
grassy area, once you enter the real single track, there`s a steep rooty short climb (I always have trouble there), it`s right
after that, it`s really the top of the tree (thick brush), the tree`s trunk is not on the trail.
Jody

Postby ls1der » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:50 pm

The trail 5 blockage has been cleared.
Scott Ramsay
ls1der

Return to The Lakes