Trail markers

Posts here are for topics pertaining to trails at Rocky Ridge County Park or any general information about the Park

Trail markers

Postby ScottyB » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:53 pm

Just wanted to get someone, or everyone a general FYI.

I have noticed that someone has been placing the old trail markers left laying around everywhere right in the crash zone on some of the features on the water tower trail. Meaning if you come over a rock and eat sh*t you'll likely have one of those markers right threw you. Yesterday 3 markers were placed in a triangle pattern on the back side of a steep rock you go up and over. If you went over the bars and landed on those metal rods... ouch

They were also placed around the rock garden and remaining rock features.

I have also noticed logs and rocks being moved off features to either dumb down the trail or make the feature unusable. :roll:
ScottyB

Trail markers

Postby danwalko » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:23 pm

Scotty,

Which trail markers do you mean? The green carsonites or the little metal/plastic flags we use during Trailwork? If as I suspect you mean our Trailwork markers, we can just remove them to prevent any issues.
danwalko

Re: Trail markers

Postby ScottyB » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:57 pm

Trailwork markers
ScottyB

Trail markers

Postby danwalko » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:56 pm

Whoever is riding there next and has a few spare minutes, please remove all of the markers and hold them to give to Kevin or I. Those markers no longer need to be there.

Thanks!
danwalko

Postby finsout » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:19 am

I gathered up all the ones on Bootleg. I will take them home and give them to you next RR trailwork.
I'm a county parks trail user and I vote!
finsout

Postby diggingtrail » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:58 am

ScottyB wrote:Trailwork markers

Sorry about this guys/gals. I let the markers out after a new trail is cut to define the trail edge until the trail beds in good and will stay visible. I normally would have had them up by now, but I've only been out on the bike 4 times in the last 4 months and just wanted to ride, not worry about anything else.

finsout wrote:I gathered up all the ones on Bootleg. I will take them home and give them to you next RR trailwork.

Thanks.

If somebody could get the ones off of 7 that would be great.
diggingtrail

Postby finsout » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:34 pm

i can probably get them off of 7 too this weekend after riding.
I'm a county parks trail user and I vote!
finsout

Return to Rocky Ridge