Name the sections of Trail 8

Posts here are for topics pertaining to trails at Rocky Ridge County Park or any general information about the Park

Name the sections of Trail 8

Postby diggingtrail » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:52 pm

Trail 8 at Rocky Ridge is divided up into 4 different sections. This makes it difficult to direct a person to a section of trail when you say something like "I rode this really cool rock on trail 8". On top of that each section of 8 has a totally different feel. Here's your chance to help out. What do you call each section of trail 8? I'll let this post open for suggestions for a month and then will post a poll for each section of trail so that the names can be voted on. Hopefully we get a good number of ideas and votes.

What do you call these trails???
The sections of 8 are:

1. From the front parking lot back to the north outlook
2. The "new" section from the powerlines (near the north outlook) down to the intersection w/ trail 3
3. The switchback downhill from Sues trail down to trail 3
4. The short section from Sues trail to Sue's trail
diggingtrail

Re: Name the sections of Trail 8

Postby ScottyB » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:53 pm

Looking forward to see some comments on this.

This is what I call them.
1. Parking lot 8
2. No name
3. Down hill 8
4. Little 8
ScottyB

Postby finsout » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:55 am

1. parking lot trail.
2. i hate you
3. Downhill 8
4. Little 8
I'm a county parks trail user and I vote!
finsout

Postby kraft » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:14 am

I'm thinking that since it is all trail 8 but the 4 have different personalities the names should have some common thread. The last comment leads me to some sort of Schizophrenia and it's 4 seperate personalities. This concept also leads well into the new trail bi-polar that comes off of 8.
I may need some help here from the phsyc majors and schiz patients but maybe my submission would be to call the whole trail schizophrenia with the 4 sub units being a seperate disorder. Passive, aggressive, predator, sociopath and so on and so on (this is where I need the help). I will need to confer with the others in my head before I cast my final vote.
Do the thing that is hard to do and the power will come.
kraft

Postby Glancing Aft » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:42 am

1) Fitness Trail highway
2) Rockosaurus Rex
3) Switchback
4) Swamp Thing
Glancing Aft

Postby finsout » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:20 pm

ok jim, heres a few..manic, obsessive, complusive.

I want to change my answer for #2--I like 'The Dirty Name'
finsout

Postby kraft » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:59 pm

After conferring with "the others" and input from finsout (thank you) we have come up with our final submission.

Trail 8 to be named schizophrenia

section 1 - Manic obsessive
section 2- paranoia
section 3 - crazy 8's (keeps the original number 8 in the scheme)
section 4 - sociopath (it's more of a social path than a trail)

This added to Bi-Polar and Trail 7 (silent hill) added in really lends well to calling that side of the hill the "far side" with rusty chair/boy scout/old man on the "other side".

Thank you and have a nice Friday the 13th. winning daily lottery number to be 666.
kraft

Postby Glancing Aft » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:44 pm

Got to be honest, naming trails in a public park after mental disorders is an absolutely terrible idea.
Glancing Aft

Postby kraft » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:25 am

Jeez! OK, I'm gonna change my entries. I guess I misunderstood quite alot here. I thought that it was York County Park Policy to only use a numbered scheme when Identifying trails. So names should never show up on signage in the park, on documtation, be it county maps, paper documentaion, web, etc. In other words "YAMBA" trail names will never be exposed (purposely) to the general public. I also understood that this was going to be voted on after a month. When I posted my choices I honestly felt I would get maybe 1 vote. I wasn't even going to vote for myself (now I can't talk for the other 4). Since this site is not a democracy at the very end the administrators of this site can decide whatever they want as to the fate of my names. I, as I always do will continue to call the trails the names I see fit. Trail 8 will always be schitzoprenia to me, trail 3 and all its little side trails will always be names of serial killers and mass murders such as Bundy's back braker and the trails of 5 all a different STD. I thought only logs across trails caused controversy?

My new submissions

1 - 81
2 - 82
3 - 83
4 - 84

See ya all at trail work, all ten of ya, haha.
kraft

Postby Glancing Aft » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:35 am

Sorry if I come across like a dick, and ruining people's fun. And, I know these will never be official names. But, when I know their are people in our local mountain bike community who have some of the diseases you guys are using, IMO the humor is lost.
Glancing Aft

Postby finsout » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:06 am

in the interests of non-offensiveness, i submit the following:

1. Mr Roger's Neighborhood
2. Smurfette
3. The Wiggles
4. Strawberry Shortcake
finsout

Return to Rocky Ridge